Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Texas vs. Federal Government

I found an article in the Austin American Statesman that I thought was rather interesting and I felt that it was a good article for others to read. The article is about how our wonderful state of Texas is going to be taking the federal government to court because of a disagreement over greenhouse gases. It says in the article that Texas has a lot of greenhouse gas emissions and with the new changes that the Environmental Protection Agency wants, there is going to be some problems. Governor Rick Perry not only feels that the new finding by the EPA is not legitimate but if we were to follow through with it, the Texas economy and jobs will decrease. I feel that people should read this article not only to be informed about what is currently going on in our state of Texas but also because I find the article truly exciting. I feel that it is really important to be an informed citizen and this article here does a good job updating us. Reading this article really makes me excited that Texas would dare take the federal government to court. After reading this article… there is so much that I feel but I do not know whether or not I am happy or upset about the situation. It’s a good article to read, it has really got me thinking and I feel that if anyone else has time they should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment